Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ready?

Am I ready for this? I don't know. I go back and forth from minute to minute. One minute I'm so excited to finally start this new chapter, thinking how long I've waited for this day to come. The next minute, I'm so sad about leaving all my family and friends for two years. The next minute, I'm so ready to be done with goodbyes and the stressful, emotional roller coaster I've been on for what seems like an eternity. The next minute I think of my room in total disarray just waiting for me to fix it and fit it all into my suitcases. (For those of you who know me, you'd be shocked to see the condition of my room right now! It definitely is not a normal Kimberlee room!). I've talked with Father off and on the past couple days, asking Him if I'm ready, exclaiming to Him that I can't believe this day is finally here, wondering with Him how He brought me to this place, and so much more. Looking back on the last year and a half, almost 2 years, it's hard to believe that I'm finally getting on that plane tomorrow. It's been a dream for so long, and now it's becoming reality...tomorrow! So crazy. It's been so hard saying goodbyes. When you average 3 goodbyes a day for a week straight (after 2 other weeks of goodbyes), it gets kind of draining. But I've loved every minute I've had with everyone I've been blessed to spend time with, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Father has richly blessed me with awesome times and conversations with people whom I love the last few weeks. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better few weeks. As I pack tomorrow (well, today now, since it's past midnight) and get on that plane, I'm grateful for all of you who have been influential in laying the ground work that is taking me to the other side of the world. I cannot thank you enough! I look forward to continuing the journey with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment