God hit me with something yesterday through my accountability partner and amazing friend. I have not been approaching my time with Him with intentionality. I've been coming as a routine first item on my to do list every morning, as something to check off and feel good about myself. I haven't been digging into His Word deeply, really eager to find the treasure that's in there. I haven't been walking away from time with Him refreshed or changed. I haven't left with any application from His Word that I remember and actually apply that day.
Last night, I spent some intentional time with Him, discussing all of this with Him. Confessing. Repenting. Pleading for help to change. Asking for a renewed hunger and thirst for Him.
This morning when I woke up, I heard Him saying to me, "Remember, you want to come to me with intentionality." I got so excited to spend time with Him! So eager to dig deeply into His Word! So filled with joy at the thought of being with Him and then of walking away changed.
So I did something a little different than I usually do for my quiet times. Today's reading was a few scattered Psalms. I took each one and dissected it--making it a conversation between God and me, rather than a fast read through to find one verse that stuck out to me. Through this conversation through the Psalms, God showed me so much that was so relevant to my life right where I'm at! It was so refreshing to enjoy this with Him again! It's been way too long. He encouraged me to go back through our conversation that I had written down and listen to Him highlight the things He wanted me to walk away with. So I did. And He boiled it down to three ideas that I can easily remember and repeat in my head today that I may apply them to my life:
- Abide
- Be
- Meditate and eagerly tell

No comments:
Post a Comment