Saturday, October 9, 2010

Best Friends



My best friend got married today!!!! Sooo very exciting! I love her husband--he's like a brother to me, and I couldn't be happier for them! But I also had to say goodbye to her for 2 years today too. Dislike. Very much.

My other best friend moved across the world today. While I will get to see her several times I hope in these next 2 years, even the months of separation are hard.

Both of these girls have meant so much to me. One I've known for 5+ years. We've poured into each other's lives in ways I didn't know was possible. She is irreplaceable. I love her more than I can say. The other I've only known for 9 months, but I feel like we've been friends for a lifetime. She understands me better than anyone else I've ever met. She's been a God-send in this journey toward moving overseas.

So here is a song to 2 of my best friends. 2 friends whom I feel like I've temporarily lost. All in the same day. I love you both more than I can express!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the song. We just watched that movie last week. One thing I am learning and have learned is that the good friends never leave really. They always are a phone call away and will always listen. I have seen what marraige,life, and geography can do to friendships. It will be different, but God will hopefully deepen those friendships. Anywho, what are you doing on Monday? I think Monday night would be a good time for you to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to finally get on your Blog! I love your title. May God richly bless your journey. This past year I've realized a journey with our King may not take you anywhere geographically, but so very many, many miles spiritually. Into places and situations you never wanted or expected, but places where you are blessed more than you ever expected, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you realize you're going to have to stop making me cry eventually, right?? i love you too, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanalea, thank you for that encouragement. I'm excited to see you Wednesday and catch up!! Sara, I love how you put that we grow miles spiritually! So true! Sarah Beth, mmm maybe ;) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete