Friday, May 13, 2011

Amazing Love


"The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." - Zeph 3:17

I love this verse! I had forgotten about it until my friend wrote it in a journal she sent me for my birthday :) It's been on my mind the last few days, and I keep coming back to it. Yesterday, I was writing it down on our wall (we have some really cool circle stickers on our wall that you can write on, thanks to another friend's birthday gift!), and I copied it down wrong. I wrote, "He will quiet you with His love", but then I looked at the verse again and saw that it says, "He will be quiet in His love". That got me to thinking what that really means--for Him to be quiet in His love. This morning He told me some of what that means:

  • He's not condemning me
  • He's not telling me to do this or that to earn His love
  • He's not pointing out my sins or my imperfections
  • Implies perfect peace between Him and me
  • Implies security
  • Implies rest
Another part of the verse--He rejoices over me with shouts of joy. If God rejoices over me with shouts of joy, I certainly have every reason to be full of joy myself!

It's hard for me to believe He loves me this much. And that it's for forever. I don't deserve it. I'm a harlot in filthy rags--at least I was before He stripped those rags off and clothed me in His righteousness. I can't believe that after I hurt Him day after day, He still calls me His daughter and still loves me more intimately than any person on earth ever could. It's crazy! Maybe that's why Francis Chan called his book "Crazy Love"! It totally is!

The first part of this verse--the Lord is a victorious warrior--gives me hope. There is complete victory. There is complete freedom. He has won. And He will win. Satan is a defeated enemy. His days are numbered. Yet God is eternal, and He has made me eternal too. He's given me the security of eternal life in Him--that's victory! Resurrection. Hope. Life. Praise Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment