"Hear my cry, O God; give heed to my prayer. From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy. Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings" (Ps 61:1-4).
"My soul waits in silence for God only, from Him is my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold, I shall not be greatly shaken....My soul, wait in silence for God only, for my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold, I shall not be shaken. On God my salvation and my glory rest; the rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us" (Ps 62:1-2, 5-8).
God IS my refuge. He is always holding me. He is always my firm foundation, the One that grounds me. He is my security. He is my Father, and I am His child--always and forever. He is always there. He's the One I can always count on. He is my tower of strength against the enemy, the real enemy. I can wait in silence for Him alone because I have full confidence that He is sovereign, that He is good, that He loves me, and that He is doing everything for His glory. He is my salvation. I can rest completely because my salvation is secure in Him, my worth is secure in Him, my everything is secure in Him. I can trust Him. I can pour out my heart to Him, and I have poured out my heart to Him--the good, the bad, and the ugly--and He still is here, and He still loves me. I don't understand Him, but I'm so so very grateful for Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment