Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quotes

"When thou takest away my outward blessings, it is for sin, in not acknowledging that all that I have is of thee, in not serving thee through what I have, in making myself more secure and hardened. Lawful blessings are the secret idols, and do most hurt; the greatest injury is in the having, the greatest good in the taking away. In love divest me of blessings that I may glorify thee the more; remove the fuel of my sin, and may I prize the gain of a little holiness as overbalancing all my losses. The more I love thee with a truly gracious love the more I desire to love thee, and the more miserable I am at my want of love; the more I hunger and thirst after thee, the more I faint and fail in finding thee, the more my heart is broken for sin, the more I pray it may be far more broken" (Valley of Vision 36-37).

Someday I'll be here. Maybe! Man oh man how I'd like to be! God, strip me more and more of self that I may see the sacrifice of blessings as something that is good in your hand to sanctify me and make me more like you! May I count it all as loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing you, knowing that that glorifes you.

"And by grace we'll stand on your promises, and by faith we'll walk as you walk with us" (Speak O Lord--a song).

That just resonated with me this morning. We can stand on His promises because of His grace. And He walks with us--through everything!! Therefore, we can have faith to walk, knowing that He is walking with us--the Almighty God of the universe is walking with us! How crazy is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment