Sunday, May 22, 2011
Longing
When will I be perfect? When will I not struggle anymore? When will I stop choosing to sin? These questions come more and more as I get older and as I grow in Him. Why, God? Why can't I be completely holy before you right now? I can totally relate to Paul's discussion of our groaning and our anxious longing for the redemption of our bodies, our adoption as sons (Rom 8:18-27ish). I so want to be conformed to His image now because I want to be a child and His bride that He's completely pleased with and honored by. Now, I understand that Christ's blood covers me and presents me as holy and blameless before Him, but you know what I mean. I long for the day where I will be at His feet in His throne room worshipping Him as His holy, spotless bride forever and ever. The place where I will never again be a harlot. The place where I will never again be the prodigal son. The place where I will never again grieve Him. The place where He never again will have to run after me or wait for me to come back. When, God? Come quickly, Lord Jesus! Save your people and come quickly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are perfect in this Mom's eyes! Love you honey!
ReplyDeleteOh no! sooooo far from perfect!
ReplyDelete