Friday, December 23, 2011

Shower of Grace

I went here today...


This is a picture from last year when I went during dry season. Today, there was a lot more water and everything was much greener...but I forgot to bring my camera and my roommate isn't home with her camera yet, so this picture will suffice for now.

Anyway, as I was sitting next to this waterfall, soaking in the beauty of God's creation that I don't get to enjoy as often as I used to in California, God spoke pretty clearly to me.

He told me that waterfall was a tiny picture of the abundant shower of grace He is pouring on me now and will continue to pour on me as I move from this place.

He brought to mind the passages in the Word about us being planted by streams of water that we may bear fruit...passages like Psalm 1 and 23 and Jeremiah 17. Look them up and read them--well worth it!

He made me notice all the green around me, the butterflies flying overhead, the crickets chirping from the trees, the sound of rushing water. Life. Life was there. Life and beauty. And hope. All because of His abundant shower of grace. All for the praise of His name as Creator.

In the same way, He is pouring out His grace on me-- a picture and a reality that nearly brought me to tears as I sat there-- so that His name will be made much of through my life. None of this is about me. This move is not about me. This life is not about me. I've been bought with a price; I am not my own. Yet my Master loves me infinitely more than I can imagine, and He showers His grace abundantly on me so that I can enjoy Him and make His name known. Thank you, Creator!

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought, nor cease to yield fruit" - Jer 17:7-8 (because I know most of you--myself included-- will be too lazy to look up the chapters mentioned above on your own ;) )

Trust. Trust in His abundant grace, grace that is far more than enough. Trust that in Him there is life and beauty and hope and peace. Trust that with Him, I have all I need to praise Him and make His name known among the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment