Thursday, December 1, 2011

Brokenness for the Lost

More and more, God has been showing me my lack of brokenness for the lost, my lack of love for them, my lack of compassion and care that they are headed for an eternity in hell apart from Him. And I have the news that can save them! Too much of the time, I keep that news to myself. Selfishness. Pride. That is not love!

It would be like if I found the cure to cancer and kept it to myself, while watching cancer patients die every day and doing nothing about it.

But, do I cry over the lost all around me? Do I pray earnestly for God to save them? Do I share with them the saving news that I have? Do I repent of my selfishness in keeping that saving news to myself? Do I repent of my lack of love for the people whom God desires for Himself, whom God loves infinitely, whom God has chosen to be His children, whom God is jealous for? Not nearly enough.

As I looked at the unreached people group that Joshua Project is focusing on today, I was almost brought to tears. A people group from China who has bought into Buddhism. A precious people who has never heard the gospel. A beautiful people created by our Lord for the praise of His glory. Yet they still do not know the truth of their need for Him, of His wrath against their sin, of His redeeming love, of His desire to make them a part of His bride.

God, make my heart break for these people, for my own people, and for lost people all around the world!! I want to be broken, so broken for them, as broken for them as you are! I want that brokenness to drive me to share the saving news you have ENTRUSTED to me with everyone I meet. Please, God! Please, break my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment