Thursday, December 1, 2011

Love These Girls!


These are the girls I spend the most time with. We were celebrating Becca, my roommate’s, birthday. Everyone knew pineapples are her favorite fruit, so she got 4 pineapples as gifts! We were fully stocked for awhile J Some stories about each girl:

The woman on the left in the back has become like my second mom and an amazing mentor to me. Her mouth speaks the Word and her heart exhibits His character. Pray for her and her family as they move to another country at the end of this month.

The girl in bright pink has heard the good news countless times and seemed close to making a decision for awhile, but in the past 6 months or so, she has really backed off from any spiritual conversation or meeting. Often that means that she is feeling convicted, so please pray that the Spirit will continually pursue her.

Becca, the one holding the pineapples, has been an incredible friend, sister, and roommate to me over the past 13 months. I can’t express how much God has blessed me and taught me through her! Pray for her as she transitions back to life in the states at the end of the month. Pray for people who understand & support her.

The next girl over is the boldest person I’ve ever met! Sometimes I feel like I’m sitting next to Paul when I’m with her! Pray for her as she moves with Patricia and me to our new city, that God would be preparing the harvest now.

The girl on the arm rest is one God has allowed me to pour into. My love for this girl grows more every day. I’m getting a glimpse of how much Jesus loved His 12 disciples and how painful it must have been to have that Last Supper with them and then leave them in the Garden when He was arrested. Please pray for her as she faces saying goodbye to Becca and me at the end of the month. Pray that this will increase her faith and dependency on Chrlst, that it will spur her on more to share her faith, and that it will burden her heart more for the lost. Pray for Becca and me too as we leave her, for grace and comfort and trust that the Father will take care of her and lead her. Praise G0d, I will be able to come visit her fairly frequently after I move!
The girl in the front on the left is our secretary at our English Center. As she faces goodbyes to all of us, pray for strength and grace. God has blessed her with some amazing connections with many students! Pray that she will continue to use those connections to share the good news and pour into them. Pray for a greater commitment to Him and a deeper understanding of His grace and mercy.

Me—well, I could use a lot of prayer as I move to a new city, new team, new students, new everything! November was the month that this move became reality to me, which was rough, but in the past few days, God has reminded me that this is HIS perfect plan, and He has GOOD things planned for all of us involved, good things that are for His glory. Therefore, I have every reason to rejoice! Pray that I choose to rejoice and praise Him through all the roller-coaster of emotions that will ensue this coming month because He is ALWAYS worthy!

Last but not least, Patricia is also moving with me. Pray as she wraps up language and relationships with students, that it will also be a smooth transition for her. As she will have a lot more time in our new city than I will, pray for quality investments there for her, that she will be able to dig in deep with people there for His glory.


1 comment: