At least on my blog ;) Those of you who have to live with me have already heard your fill, I'm sure!
So, I've spent the last half hour looking for ESL lessons on Christmas--as in the REAL Christmas story--and have found little to none that even mention the real reason we celebrate Christmas, let alone give the full-blown story. That just isn't right! It disgusts me actually. And I know all 5 of you who read this already know my thoughts and feelings toward Christmas, but I guess if you're still reading, you're getting to hear them again ;)
I just hate how we have allowed Satan to twist and cover up the story of God becoming a man--the Most High God of all creation becoming a speck of dust!!!! Think about that! And we have allowed Satan to mask that glory by ushering in materialism, Santa Clause, snowmen, reindeer, and jingle bells. AAH! The God of glory came down as a man to take on His rightful wrath toward sin and to present us, who were desperately wicked and dead in our sins, as holy and alive before Him in righteousness! That is incredible! Yet we choose to celebrate materialism instead. Stuff that's going to burn in the end when the King of glory once again comes to judge the world and to reign in all His glory forever and ever!
So, two questions: What are you celebrating this Christmas--really? And, are you ready for the King of glory to come back again to judge and to reign?
boo. I did comment, but I see it not.
ReplyDelete