Monday, September 5, 2011

Trust and Obey

Father,

I choose to trust and obey you even though I don't understand.
I choose to trust and obey you even though I'm wondering why.
I choose to trust and obey you even though I'm confused.
I choose to trust and obey you despite how I feel.
I choose to trust and obey you despite all the unknowns.
I choose to trust and obey you even when the world would think I'm crazy.
I choose to trust and obey you even when nothing makes sense.
I choose to trust and obey you without first seeing the big picture or the reasons why.
I choose to trust and obey you, not because I feel passionately in love with you right now, but because I love you with the love with which you first loved me.
I choose to trust and obey you because you bought me at a price, and I am yours.
I choose to trust and obey you because I am dead and am only alive in you.
I choose to trust and obey you because I have already laid my life on your altar.
I choose to trust and obey you because you are sovereign and good.
I choose to trust and obey you because you work everything for your glory and my good.

However hard it is sometimes to trust and obey you, I choose to be still and wait for you. Like Peter said, I have nowhere else to turn. You are all I have. And like Paul said, nothing compares to the surpassing greatness of knowing you. And like Jesus said, following you requires the denial of self and the picking up of our crosses. So, Father, I have no idea what you're doing, but I choose to trust you and desire to obey you, even though my feelings don't quite match those words yet. Thank you for being patient with me. And thank you for your perfect plan that you established even before the foundation of the earth. You are worthy of all praise and all glory and all honor. You are worthy of so much more than just my life, but that is what I have to give, so I give it again. It is from you, for you, through you, and to you. I am clay in your hands to do what you want with. In the powerful, redeeming name of your Son, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment