Thursday, September 15, 2011

How to Pray for Sent Out Ones

Listened to another sermon by David Platt today. In it, he discussed from Acts 13-14 how to pray for those who have been sent out. I thought I'd share because these things are really legitimate requests!

  • Confidence in God's Word (13:4-5)
  • Be filled with the Spirit (13:9)
  • Victory in spiritual warfare (13:10-12)
  • Success in gospel witness (13:12)
  • Peace with other believers (family, team, national believers) (13:13)
  • Favor with unbelievers (13:15)
  • Proclaim the gospel clearly (13:16-47)
  • See response to the gospel (13:48)
  • Joy in the midst of suffering (13:52)
  • Kindness in the midst of slander (14:1-2)
  • Christlike humility (14:3-18)
  • Patience (14:18)
  • Perseverance (14:19-20)
  • See the forming of many disciples and the multiplying of many churches (14:21-28)
Thanks for praying!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, this is really helpful as I pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete