Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's a Process

Trusting God is a process. Sometimes it feels like it's a choice I have to re-make with each breath I take. One moment, I totally see Him and believe His sovereignty and love, so by His grace, I can trust Him. Then, the next moment, doubt takes over. Hopefully, as time goes on, and as He further completes His work in me, those moments of doubt will become fewer and farther between.

My roommate gave me this quote today, and it's so perfect for me right now:

"Of this I am supremely confident: When we see our Savior and Redeemer face to face, we will not regret being thankful for trusting Him, even in circumstances we could not control and would not have chosen. We will see then by the light of His glory all that He was doing in and through those very moments. What seemed like unanswered prayer will be set against the grand tapestry of His grace coursing through history. We will see what He was doing … and we will eternally praise Him for it" (Carolyn McCulley).

Here are a few songs that He's been speaking to me through lately:



When I said, "Here I am. Send me," I gave no specifics, criteria, guidelines, etc. Those 2 short statements were/are an act of laying myself on His altar, of giving Him a blank page with my signature at the bottom and letting Him fill in the rest. When things don't go my way or how I expect, I still have to fall back on the fact that I am His and that He has sent me. He has asked me to follow Him, not to a specific city or to a specific people, but to His feet, to His presence in worship.



God holds the world in His hands, the entire universe in His hands! And He has stretched out His hand to me, offering to hold me and lead me on His perfect path that results in people from every nation, tribe, tongue, and people gathered around the throne worshipping Him. What a privilege to hold the Creator's hand!!!! And to be a part of what He's doing!



This song meant a lot to me as I was waiting for what seemed like forever to get overseas. Once I set foot on the ground here, I thought, "Hmm, that song doesn't really have any relevance for me anymore." And naively, I thought it never would have relevance for me again. WRONG! I'm in a time of waiting right now. Waiting and trying to trust. Again, it's a process. The Lord made it clear to me tonight that in this waiting time, I'm still to worship and serve Him. That sounds so simple and like no duh, but I needed to hear that.

Sorry for the long blog. Hopefully He encouraged and challenged the 2 of you that made it to the bottom of this blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment