Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Potential Start on All Those Blogs in My Head

I'm reading through the Word chronologically right now and just finished Exodus (I know, I'm real far!). Exodus 33-34 are some of my favorite chapters in the Bible. Reading them through again last week reminded me just how much I love them. These are the chapters that God used to show me my first glimpse of His glory. I still remember it so vividly...

I was sitting in the prayer chapel at CBU I think my sophomore year. I don't remember what I was praying about specifically, if there was anything specific to be praying about, but I do remember I read these chapters. It was the first time I REALLY read them. And I was blown away! God showed me a glimpse of His glory, my first glimpse of His glory, and ever since that day, I've been eager to see more and more of His glory. I became aware that we could actually see glimpses of His glory this side of heaven, and it became like an insatiable craving! Of course there are PLENTY days where His glory is the last thing I desire, but I would so love to have a relationship with God like Moses did. I can't wait to see Him face to face as Moses did.

I love the picture of Moses' face shining after he had been with the Lord. I pray that God's glory shines from me to others after I have been with Him. We talked about 2 Cor 3:18 in our team worship time on Sunday, which goes along with these chapters in Exodus. What in my life is a veil that is covering up His glory from radiating from me? What veil am I trying to hide behind when I approach Him, when I spend time with Him? Two really important questions that I pray you will ask as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment