Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sin

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed." James 5:16a.

I'm realizing more and more the truth and the beauty and the freedom that is found in these verses. Right now I'm reading through Leviticus and it hit me this morning just how public the sacrifice system made sin. People could not hide their sin from anyone. They had to publicly take their animal or grain or whatever the offering was to the tent of meeting, to the priest, and sacrifice it in front of everyone. They had to confess their sin openly. We as Americans don't tend to do that. We are way too private and individualistic. There's no healing in that!

The deeper I engage in community, by the Lord's abundant grace and blessing, the more I see and realize both the truth and the beauty of being open and honest. There is healing in that. There is redemption in that. There is freedom in that. Let's drop our pride to confess our sins to each other, to pray for each other, and to be healed that we may move forward as ambassadors for His kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment