Thursday, June 3, 2010

Humbled by God's Amazingness

My friend has suggested that I write my blogs in bullet points to make them more reader friendly, but I don't know how successful I can be at that. However, I'm going to try in this blog post. Today I've been humbled by God's amazingness, and here are some of the reasons why...

  • He wants to use me to make disciples, not just overseas but here!
  • Great conversations with a new believer and a not-yet believer
  • Breakthrough with one of my fifth graders who is the roughest girl at school--awesome conversation wtih her today!
  • Met and prayed with a pastor who gets it!
  • Met a local woman from my country who is fluent and wants to help me learn!
  • Sharpening time with my friend who has already walked the path I'm about to start
  • Reading a biography on James Fraser that is totally challenging me on how to pray with faith and specificity
  • Talked to a friend tonight who has seen God answer his prayers all over the place this week
  • About to spend some quality time with a friend whom I don't get to spend a lot of time with and another friend who just got back from a trip that I'm so anxious to hear about! 
So, I am humbled that God is at work and that He wants me, asks me, and involves me in it. I'm humbled that I can even pray, let alone pray for big things in His kingdom that will be answered. I'm humbled that He saved me, set me free, and is refining me, shaping me, and using me to bring glory to His name. God, you are awesome beyond description! I love you and desire to worship you!

How's that, Cindy??

2 comments:

  1. much better, thanks! i read every word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bullets too! :)

    You're going to Virgina...that is a little bit closer to me. :)

    ReplyDelete