Friday, June 11, 2010

The Beginning of Goodbyes

Today I said my first goodbyes...to these amazing kids


I didn't think it was going to be hard...honestly, I didn't even really think about it. And it wasn't hard--in the moment. But on my way to the car, I had to fight back tears as I realized the reality of saying so many goodbyes in the next few months. 

I leave 4 months from today. And after saying goodbye to these kids whom I've only known for 7 months, I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to say goodbye to my friends and family. I told my friend who is doing the same program I am about this, and she told me what God showed her yesterday...

"i would rather say goodbye to my friends and family for two years than say goodbye to my friends in [another country] for eternity..."

So true. Thank you, Sarah Beth. Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment