Recently, I've been reading about Abraham in Genesis. A few things have stuck out to me:
- Fear and faith are the opposite
- God's commands always come with promises
- God is faithful to keep those promises because they result in His glory
- He is always with His people on the road He leads them on
As I get closer and closer to moving, more and more fears well up in me. I fear saying goodbye. I fear leaving everything familiar. I fear what others will think of me. I fear being inadequate for the task God has sent me to do.
But today I realized that my fear is a result of my lack of trust and faith in Him. He's the one who has called me. He's the one who has placed these passions in me. He's the one who is going before me with plans that have been layed out since before the foundation of the world. He's the one who is adequate in accomplishing the task for the purpose of His glory.
So, anything short of resting in Him, trusting Him, and looking forward to seeing what He's going to do is selfish and disobedient.

i heard that.
ReplyDelete