Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Reality is Beginning to Hit
Tonight, I browsed through some pictures of where I'll be going, and reality started to hit (this picture was not one of them but I thought it was cute and funny...good thing he's looking to the One who is reality!). Maybe I should learn a little lesson from him :) Anyway...reality-- I'm actually going to be living there for 2 years! Wow! That's hard to wrap my brain around right now. BUT, I am giddy with excitement! I'm reading a book right now called One Candle to Burn, and a few lines have stuck out to me so far. This couple was on a ship to Africa and at their boarding, a bunch of brothers and sisters placed 150 letters, cards, gifts, etc. in their room on the ship for them to find after they had taken off. They said they were so touched that so many people thought of them in such a kind way, but God asked them in that moment if they loved Him more than these, just like He asked Peter. Do I love Him more than these...these as in my family, friends, a new adventure, overseas living? Something to ponder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment