Monday, February 1, 2010

So Much to Blog About...

I could look back in my journal over the past month and blog about all the crazy important things God has taught me and done in my life, but that might turn into a novel, and frankly, I'm too lazy to leave this comfy chair to go get my journal! The main thing that happened this month was that I found out I get to interview for the Journeyman program!!!! That has brought along with it a wealth of varying emotions from sheer excitement to panicked fear. Yesterday I was reading the Bible and praying, and God showed me that this whole month through all the roller coaster of emotions, I have been thinking that He was sending me to Virginia (where the interview is) all alone while He was going to stay right here in Riverside! I've had this mindset that I have to prove myself, I have to make the decisions required there, I have to defend my church choice, I, I, I. Um, hello?! Where along the line did I forget that my life is in God's hands, that He led me through this application process, that He got me the interview, that He has the authority over the IMB and myself to make the decisions He wants to make? Sometimes I just gotta laugh at myself.

I've also been learning a lot about fasting this month. Today, God told me that part of the purpose of fasting (at least for me in this point in time) is stripping. It gives God more of an opportunity to strip me of sin that He does not want in my life. Especially as I prepare to go to this interview, I am praying that He will continue to strip me down so that all that's left is Him. That's a scary prayer, but I know it's necessary and so worth it.

Please be praying for me these next 2 1/2 weeks as God prepares me for my interview. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment