It's hard to believe that I've been here over a year already! Part of me feels like I've lived here for an eternity; the other part of me is smelling the smells of this season--smells that are bringing me back to this time last year when everything was new--and feeling like it was just yesterday.
The overall themes that God has taught me this year--His sovereignty and His faithfulness.
I've never experienced such darkness as I have this year.
I've never cried as much as I have this year (I've probably cried more this year than in the rest of my 23 years combined!).
I've never felt God's presence so near as I have this year.
I've never seen God's hand at work like I have this year.
I've never experienced the richness and joy there is in pouring into someone and living life alongside of them as I have this year.
I've never experienced community as I have this year.
I've never realized just how selfish I am as I have this year.
In all of this, God has been so incredibly faithful and has taught me of His sovereignty in deeper ways than I've ever learned before. He has held me through this past year. Isaiah 43:1-3a have held so true--He has walked with me through dark valleys, through fires, through hard times, and through all the countless good times as well.
As I reflect on the fact that I've been here for over a year and only have 9 months left, I'm not sure how I feel. I'm so so grateful for this past year. It has arguably been the hardest year of my life, but it has also been the richest year of my life as well. I'm looking forward to what He has in store these next 9 months, even though I have no clue how those 9 months are going to look!
Thank you for all your prayers and encouraging emails, skype calls, etc. over the past year! I appreciate you :)
How well I remember reaching that one year mark. :) It's a great time to look back and say "This far God has led me, He will be faithful to the end." In the middle of transition and the unknown up ahead, I'm praying Proverbs 31:25 for you - that you would be clothed with the strength and dignity that comes from Who your God is, and that, trusting in His faithfulness, you would "laugh at the time to come."
ReplyDelete~ Sarah A