Thursday, April 26, 2012

Insecurity


I'm reading Beth Moore's book called So Long, Insecurity right now. I know, some of you thought I'd never read one of her books, but I seriously think she looked into my heart and mind and just wrote down what she saw in this book! I'd highly recommend it (although I'm not finished with it quite yet). Anyway, this part really got me as I was reading today, and I thought I'd share:

"And it never ends, because big egos insist on our being a 'the.' Not just an 'a.' We're that desperate for significance. We live our lives screaming, 'Somebody notice me!' And do you want to hear something interesting? That's exactly how God made us.

That very need is built into our human hard drive to send us on a search for our Creator, who can assign us more significance than we can handle. He not only notices us, He never takes His eyes off us. Every now and then a moment of clarity hits us, and we feel known by something-- Someone-- of inestimable greatness."

She then quotes Ps 139.

Bottom line: a struggle with insecurity is rooted in pride which is ultimately rooted in unbelief.

Unbelief that God is who He says He is.
Unbelief that I am who God says I am.

God, forgive me for my unbelief. By your grace, I choose to believe you. Please help me in my unbelief. Teach me to rest securely in your love and grace.

2 comments:

  1. I know you don't know me, but thank you so much for sharing yourself through your blog. This is exactly what I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad :) And I can't wait to meet you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete