"The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid?" In the darkness that seems so consuming here right now, it's such a comfort to know that He is my light, a light that will never fade. And He is my salvation; my hope rests secure in Him. Still working on the whole not being afraid thing!
"The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?" I learned a couple days ago from dictionary.com that stronghold (which is used in another translation) is a well-fortified fortress. Think about that. The Lord is our well-fortified fortress. The enemy can't penetrate that! I love Romans 8--it's one of my favorite chapters in the Word--but I especially love v.33-39. Part of those verses says this: "Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is he who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ?...But in all these things, we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us...[nothing] will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
"When my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall." THEY will stumble and fall, not me! God is more powerful than the enemy--so much so, that He will cause the enemy to stumble and fall! I read in Job the other day that Satan is naked before God. That just gives me a whole different perspective on our enemy!
"Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident." Not only do I not have to be afraid, I can be confident! That's even the next level up from not being afraid. Again, still working on this. Comes with actually believing God.
"The one thing I ask of the Lord--the thing I seek most--is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock. Then I will hold my head high above my enemies who surround me. At his sanctuary I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy, singing and praising the Lord with music." I can be confident and unafraid because God is perfect! And He's allowed me to delight in His perfections! He's allowed me and wants me to abide in Him, to be in His presence, to dwell with Him! WOW! There, He will not only hide me, but He will place me out of reach on a high rock. That's why I liked the picture of the fortress above--because it's on a high rock, out of reach of the army below. He will give me victory for the praise and glory of His name. In His sanctuary, where I seek refuge, where He sets me high on a rock, there I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy and there I will praise His name.
![]() |
| Cindy, forgive the cheese ;) |
"Hear me as I pray, O Lord. Be merciful and answer me! My heart has heard you say, 'Come and talk with me.' And my heart responds, 'Lord, I am coming.'" Um...WOW! God pursues a relationship like that with us!!! Thank you, Lord!
"You have always been my helper. Don't leave me now; don't abandon me, O God of my salvation! Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will hold me close. Teach me how to live, O Lord, lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me. Don't let me fall into their hands...Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." God never leaves me. More than that--He holds me close! This is my prayer, Father. Don't let me fall into the enemy's hands. He's waiting for me, but I place my confidence in you and wait patiently for you as I step out beneath the shadow of your wings into the midst of the battle, into the midst of the flying bullets. Under your wings, in your fortress, on your rock, I will be brave and courageous as I wait for you to bring victory. I'm so weak and incapable of doing that!!! I need your grace! I need your strength! Please come, God! Please hold me close and keep moving me forward in battle for the sake of your name and your glory.
I played this song several times today. Hope He uses it in your life as well :)






No comments:
Post a Comment