Wednesday, August 31, 2011

In One Moment



It's amazing what can happen in one moment of time.

This month, so much darkness, heaviness, fear, guilt, lies, hardness of heart, etc. has built up in me. I have been completely overwhelmed and confused, wondering when all of it was going to end. The last couple days I have felt on the verge of the breaking point.

But then today happened.

I was sitting in the home of our house helper, visiting her and her family for the holiday that ends Ramadan. As my supervisor was discussing spiritual things with her grandfather, I watched and listened. In one moment, while this frail elderly man was talking about sin--mostly other people's sin, my heart just broke. In that one moment, it was like God cracked the hard shell that had built up around my heart this past month. In that one moment, He nearly brought me to tears. In that one moment, I was once again filled with love and compassion for these people. In that one moment, God reminded me why it is that we share His good news with others, why it is that He sent me here. In that one moment, He reminded me just how lost these people are and what the reality of their eternal state is apart from Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for breaking me once again. Thank you for ordaining moments like those. You knew that's exactly the kind of moment I needed! Thank you for breaking through with your light and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment