Monday, August 8, 2011

It's Only Noon...

...and God has already been at work in incredible ways that I've been privileged to witness firsthand! This morning was really dark and hard. God has taught me through living here that those hard and dark times usually precede His hand at work because the enemy is really working hard to prevent God from doing what He has planned. So, this morning, I asked God that He would work despite the temptations, lies, darkness, etc. that I was facing and that He would win the victory, reminding Satan who's Boss.

And He totally did! In ways far beyond what I could've asked for, expected, or imagined! During my time with Him this morning, He brought to mind Isa 64:6 about our righteousness being as filthy rags (bloody tampons), which is something I've been thinking a lot about recently; then He also contrasted it with Isa 61 where He talks about clothing us in His righteousness as a bride is dressed on her wedding day. Bloody tampons to white wedding gowns. Amazing! Anyway, He told me to tell Ibu M that this morning when I went to study with her. I told her that God told me to tell her something, and she was on pins and needles until I could find the passages! She was so eager to hear truth today!! She asked me where it talked about us going to the Father's house, so after we read John 14 together, she asked what she must do to be saved! WHAT?! I told her that another man asked that once and took her to Acts 16, explaining repentance and belief. Right then, another lady came to her house for another appointment, so we couldn't continue our conversation, but she's so close!!! She finally sees the difference between her "believe" and Jesus' "believe". PTL!!!! I'm going to try to follow up with her tomorrow if I can. Please be praying for our time together!

Usually I ride my bike to her house, but today I rode public transportation there and decided to walk home (my bike tires are flat). Anyway, as I was walking in my neighborhood, almost home, a man in a little market outside someone's home asked me to stop by and talk. So I did. I'm learning to be less scheduled and take these opportunities as they come (I'm a slow learner, PS). Come to find out, this man is a professor at the Islamic university here. I wanted to share with him but wasn't sure how exactly to start the conversation, but the Holy Spirit took care of that! The man brought up Adam in conversation, so I asked what he believed about Adam. Through that, I was able to share about sin and the need for a perfect sacrifice. Although this man staunchly disagreed with the truth about Jesus, especially that He is God and that He is enough to take away our sins, truth was proclaimed, and I have full confidence that His gospel does not return to Him void.

In both conversations, the Holy Spirit spoke words in my second language that I haven't used in months, words that I forgot I even knew! He was totally speaking through me!!! I love it when He is the One speaking because then it's not me messing up anything and because it is His power that saves! Wow, totally blown away with what He did and is still doing, especially after my morning of darkness. Praise the Lord! Let all creation sing praises to His name! He is worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment