Lately, I've been really overwhelmed by the spiritual darkness all around me. Today, God broke through with His light and hope of victory through some really good time with Him and a run listening to Jeremy Camp.
Lately, I've been really frustrated with the number and the attitude of beggars that have frequented my house in the last couple of weeks. Today, God blessed me with two breakthroughs in terms of beggars. One group of women and children actually stepped foot in my house and obliged me in a few minutes of conversation!! Then, this evening while I was running, two 9-year old girls came to the gate of the backyard where I run. They watched me run for a long time, and we chatted occasionally throughout my run. When I was finished, they were still there, so I went over to the gate to talk with them. We exchanged a few minutes of small talk, and then one of the girls asked me what religion I am. Woa! Opportunity dropped in my lap :) PTL! So I got to share the core of the gospel with them and ask them some questions. The one girl kept asking me questions and kept coming back to that topic. They asked for my phone number, so I gave it to them, making them promise to not give it to anyone else (and they were sooooo cute about promising--adorable!), and told them where I live. Hopefully they will stop by soon and ask more questions and get a more complete understanding of the gospel. Praise God for how He works in the midst of darkness when I feel like I have no string of energy, physical or spiritual, to offer anyone! Praise God that His Spirit dwells in us and works through us, in spite of us!
What a great story!! We have many beggars that come by (most of them on rubbish day) but the ones I try to talk to speak Afrikaans...and I'm still struggling to get a very basic level of Xhosa! It can be frustrating.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the Work. Press on!