Saturday, April 16, 2011

Home

After a LONG couple months, I finally feel at home!! I can't tell you how exciting, releasing, refreshing, reassuring, and comforting that is! God has been so faithful and gracious in bringing me to this point. Just a few short weeks ago, I would've never thought I could be where I am right now! Just goes to show He is much bigger and more powerful than I am and that His plans far supersede mine! The other day, it was just like a flip of a switch, and He totally gave me His renewed love for my people, His eyes for them, His joy to be here, His vision for this city. I'm so excited to see what He's going to do here and so excited to be a part of it!



Some huge blessings that He has used in making me feel at home:
  • My roommate Becca--such an incredible woman of God who models Christlikeness in incredible ways, on good days and bad days.
  • My team--they've become my family. We eat together, laugh together, share life together, serve together, plan together, just do life together.
  • My incredible friends who have walked with me through the last 2 months especially, praying for me and encouraging me when I saw no light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Intimacy with Him in deeper, richer ways than I've ever experienced before.
  • As silly as it sounds, my ipod and running with my ipod--a saving grace to be sure!
  • My national friends here who make me laugh and are willing to share life with me.
  • My students who remind me that the people here are people, and more than that, that they are God's creation whom He longs to save for the glory of His name.
  • A room of my own :)
  • The clouds--I seriously stand in amazement at the clouds in the sky at least once a day. They're incredible! Beautiful paintings of God's beauty, majesty, sovereignty, and goodness!
Thank you, Father, for making me feel at home!!! Please use that for your name's sake!

No comments:

Post a Comment