I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, but honestly, I've had so much that I could blog about that I feel like I have nothing to blog about, if that makes sense. Right now, we're studying Romans, and I've been reminded just how much I love chapters 6-8. I should probably read these 3 chapters every day for the rest of my life. What an encouragement they are to me! They defeat Satan's lies that he daily tries to implant in my mind.. They remind me who I am in Christ. They remind me Who we serve, and that He is victorious. Some passages that have stuck out to me are:
6:5-7
"For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified wtih Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin."
8:1
"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
8:14-17
"For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, 'Abba! Father!' The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him."
8:26
"In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words"
8:34b
"Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us"
8:37-39
"But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that... [nothing] will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
No comments:
Post a Comment