Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Altogether Lovely


While singing "Here I Am to Worsh*p" today, I realized something: Father is altogether lovely--always. No matter the circumstances. No matter how dark or sad this time is. No matter how hard saying goodbyes are. He is lovely. He is the brightness, the color, the joy in the midst of it. He never changes. And He is worth it all. He is worth the hard goodbyes. He is worth the tough transitions. He is worth my life.

In treasuring the last precious moments I have with people here, I have abandoned my first love in the sense that I haven't made spending time with Him and processing everything with Him a priority. I have allowed my friends here to take that role, which has been so rich and sweet, but I still need Him. He is my everything. He is the One who knows me best, and He wants to be the One I process with. Yes, He abundantly blesses me with amazing friends to walk with me through this journey, and I am SOOO grateful for them. But bottom line--He has to be the first One I run to, cling to, and hide in. He is going to be all I have on the field some days. He is the only One I never have to say goodbye to. He is my constant. He is my home.

Thank you, Abba!

No comments:

Post a Comment