Friday, August 6, 2010

Willing to Die



This week we have been learning about spiritual warfare. There have been several lines that I've thought, "I want to put that on my blog," throughout this week, but maybe later. Right now, I'm just trying to process all that we've heard. The week's sessions ended today with a challenging hour about our willingness to die for the sake of the glory of our Father. We heard many stories of field workers who have died among their people, many times without ever reaching through to their people, only to have that people repent and worship the King through their death. We were asked if we were willing to die to see our people come to Him. The thought came to me that if I'm not willing to die for Him, then I'm sure not going to be very passionate and/or willing to live for Him.

One girl who died on the field had left a letter with her pastor to be read if she didn't return. Across the page in big letters she wrote, "His glory is my reward," and "I have no regrets." She knew that she wanted both her life and her death to be for His glory. Her life truly meant nothing to her, as Paul talked about. If in my death, He receives more glory, so be it. If in my death, more people come to the place of worshipping and following Him, then praise God! All of this has been hard to think through and type out, but I know that I have nothing else to live for. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain by living for Him with the mentality of dying daily. His glory is my reward.

Now all that to say, am I willing to live for Him? Am I willing to step out in boldness and share the good news? I pray so.

"Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that...with all boldness, Chrsit will even now, as always, be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain." --Philippians 1:18b-20

1 comment: