Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Break my Heart for what Breaks Yours



This has become kind of a catchy phrase prayer in my generation, and most of the time, I think we mean it, but tonight I realized while singing a song this phrase appears in that I have a deeper understanding of what it means. And I know that God will continue to grow my understanding of it more and more as He does break my heart for what breaks His.

The last couple weeks, I have been fervently praying for my people group, pleading with God to soften their hearts, to convict them of their sin, to break the strongholds Satan has among them, to shatter the darkness, to break in with His marvelous light. I've been praying Isaiah 60 and 61 for them over and over. I've been singing praise songs on their behalf. I don't say any of this to exalt myself or boast in myself by any means; I feel like I'm not even doing the bare minimum that I should be doing.

But in the midst of all that, God has broken my heart for these people without me even knowing it. I didn't even realize it until tonight we worshipped together and all prayed for our own people groups out loud in unison while linking hands. And tears began to fall down my face. I never would've guessed that that water would've come out of my eyes. But it did. And I'm glad.

God, continue to break my heart for what breaks yours. Continue to break my heart for these people, but more importantly for your name that must be worshipped by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment