1 Tim 1:11 "...glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Titus 1:3 "...the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior"
Mark 3:14 "And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that he could send them out to preach."
1 Pet 2:9 "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light."
I'm feeling the weight of that word, entrusted. Jesus set me apart, made me holy, called me out of darkness into light, adopted me into His forever family, etc., etc., SO THAT I would proclaim His excellency. He let me be with Him SO THAT He could send me out to preach, to herald the gospel.
What does "herald" mean?
A herald has one job--to get someone else's message out to all who need to hear it.
In order for the herald to know the message he must proclaim, he must be with the King who gives him that message. Back to abiding in Christ.
He entrusted me with the gospel, and I've done nothing with it except bury it in the ground like the man with the one talent did. I'm so so sorry, Lord. Cleanse me and change me. Make me bold to herald the gospel you've entrusted me with.
No comments:
Post a Comment