It's been awhile since I last blogged. Oh I've wandered onto my blog MULTIPLE times, having plenty of things to blog, but I just couldn't quite muster up the energy and/or the words to express how I was feeling or what I was thinking. Even now, my mind is a complete...blank (You've Got Mail for all of you who aren't as obssessed with that movie as I am). Not really. My mind is anything but blank, but I don't even know where to begin with all the thoughts swirling through my head.
Today, I packed up my life for the last 5 years. Hard to believe I've been in Riverside that long, yet at the same time, it feels like I've been here forever...a good forever. Riverside is where God changed me into a new creation. Riverside is where He set me free and redeemed my past. Riverside is where He richly blessed me with community and taught me what community is and how integral it is to a relationship with Him. Riverside is where I gained my independence and confidence. It is where He surrounded me with families who strive to live in relationship with Him like I've never seen before and who encouraged me to do the same. Riverside is where I became an adult. It is where I chose a church based on what I believe a church should be, based on the passions God has given me, based on what I desire in a faith community. Riverside is where God impassioned me for His name, His glory, and the nations. It is where God broke my heart for the lost of the world. It is where He burdened my heart for the poor and orphans. It is where I got launched into overseas ministry, which God used to totally change the direction of my future.
So now, I sit in the in between. Looking back toward the last 5 years and looking forward to see how God is going to use it in the next couple years. I'm sad...more than sad. But I'm excited too...more than excited. God, continue to mold me and change me. Continue to use my time in Riverside as I go out from here.
PS--I have lots of pictures to post, but I packed my camera cord and have no idea where it is in the mess that is my car. So, sorry for the pictureless blog. I know it's not as fun to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment