I watched an amazing fireworks show with some pretty awesome people tonight. As I sat there watching the fireworks, my brain was going 90 to nothing (as usual). I thought, "I can't even watch fireworks without thinking and analyzing! Something's the matter with me! (Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad to have my thinking back and my feeling gone!) Anyway, here are some of the thoughts and questions that ran through my head.
- This is my last fireworks/4th of July celebration for 2 years
- My last time to endure patriotic songs for 2 years (PTL!)
- The above song made me question the following:
- Why are we proud to be American?
- Why don't we stand up for Jesus half as much as we stand up for America?
- Am I wrong in not having the American sentiments that my fellow Americans have? Am I wrong in not wanting to proudly sing along with them to these songs?
- Where is the line or boundary when it comes to not being a citizen of here but being a citizen of heaven?
- Who am I thanking for my freedom? Which freedoms really matter anyway?
- God has already blessed the USA. Must we pray for more blessing when we're not even using what He's already blessed us with for His purposes?
- Just a shout out to Johnny--THANK YOU for praising Jesus this morning, not America!
As soon as I finished this post, I read another man's blog whom I follow. Perfect response to my confusion. Go check it out!
ReplyDeletehttp://eric-carpenter.blogspot.com/2010/07/on-why-i-dont-love-usa.html
um, PREACH IT!
ReplyDeleteyou know what I think.... and I posted this link to my blog because I like his point and he's nicer than I would be :)
ReplyDeleteHaha. I saw that you posted that link too. I know, I thought he did a really good job! Much nicer than I would've been too :) Miss you and can't wait to catch up with you!
ReplyDeleteyeah, when are you coming "home"?
ReplyDelete