Sunday, May 16, 2010

Incomplete Statements of the "Gospel"

I have to blog right now because I am literally shaking in anger over the sermon I just sat through. The knot in my stomach has transferred from my stomach to my chest and now I feel it in my heart. So here ya go...the incomplete statements of the "gospel":

1. God loves YOU
2. Jesus came to die for YOU
3. All Jesus asks of you is to accept His love
4. Jesus just wants to take your burden
5. Stand up if you've placed a burden of sin at Jesus' feet

That's all I can come up with right now, but I'm sure there'll be more to come later. How about these statements?

God is holy and must show His wrath toward sin. Because we are utterly depraved, desperately sick, full of sin, we could not be in His presence. But in His grace and in His desire for His glory, He sent His Son, Jesus, to endure His wrath in our place. Why? For us? No! For His glory!! Jesus does not ask us to accept His love. He asks us to follow Him in reckless abandon at all costs for the sake of His name, to declare His glory among all the nations. He warns that you may be homeless, your love for your family must look like hate in comparison to your love for Him, you may have to say goodbye to those you hold dear. Jesus promises to take your burden if you take His burden. Deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow Me, He says. Ok, I'll end at that. Thanks for reading my ranting and raving so my anger could subside a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment