You wake up with a sore throat which turns into a cold which turns into a sinus infection
You come into the kitchen (where the kids are supposed to be doing the "quiet" activity of coloring) to find shredded and crumpled balls of coloring paper all over the room and crayons thrown chaotically on the floor
The baby won't go to sleep because she has the hiccups
You go to the bathroom and come out to find one boy with his pants and diaper off and one girl having just peed on the orange tree in the backyard
The lid to the seasoning jar falls off into the pot of soup you are trying to make for lunch
On the way home, you are pestered with "Are we there yet?" about every 1/2 mile or so
You have to sweep with one hand, hold the dustpan with another hand, hold the baby back from walking through (or eating) your pile with another hand (oh wait, that's more hands that I have...hmm...)
When you pray for joy, God just gives you a million chances to CHOOSE joy! Doesn't He have a sense of humor? He must have laughed at me a million times today! Oh well, I got a few laughs in too. I mean, who can't laugh when you find a naked boy and a girl who just peed on the orange tree? Kids are funny, and I'm so grateful for the opportunity to hang out with and invest in these kids' lives :)
My dad came over the other day and I told Sati to run and get some under-where on... she looks at me puzzled "why, where are we going?".
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome!!! HILARIOUS!!!
ReplyDelete