Saturday, April 3, 2010

It is Finished!

IT IS FINISHED!! When He folded the burial cloth as in this picture, He told the world that it was finished. That's what carpenters in those days did when they finished a piece of wood work in order to let the owner of the piece know it was finished.

As much as I have known that 'it is finished' my entire life, I haven't believed it...not really. I've known He's forgiven me. I've known He loves me. I've known He died in my place and bore the Father's wrath for me. But not until yesterday did I actually realize that I haven't really believed it. The enemy has been so effective at filling me with guilt that has compiled into massive mounds of dark entrapment that I really saw no hope of ever being truly free from my past sins, which still recur as what I've considered my 'thorn in the flesh.' I now realize that the Son took not only all of my sin but also all of my guilt! What an amazing Savior! Because He washed away all my sin, I have no reason to be ridden with guilt anymore! He presents me as holy and blameless before Him! Wow!!! His blood covers me. His righteousness clothes me. His light consumes me. His truth sets me free. Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!

1 comment:

  1. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=634936331825618156#

    ReplyDelete