Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Charlie Brown Christmas


I had an epiphany today as I sat in our elementary school's library and watched Charlie Brown's Christmas with my third graders. I am more like Charlie Brown than Scrooge or the Grinch. And that makes my heart happy :) Charlie Brown could not understand all the hustle and bustle and materialism of Christmas, nor could he understand why he just didn't have any holiday spirit or "joy" as he referred to it. He was on a quest to find out what Christmas was really all about. I think we as the church need to be on that same quest. My downfall has been this season (and in past seasons) that while on this quest, I do not let the joy of Christ fill me and His humility push me to love first and talk later. So there you go...I know my epiphanies sometimes aren't all that enlightening, but that's all you get today!

2 comments:

  1. I've been liking your posts... I haven't been in the right mindset to discuss Christmas on my blog, but I like hearing others discuss it :o) Was it this week that you were coming up? hope so for my sake :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'm watching more of Charlie Brown's Christmas right now, and Charlie Brown just said, "There's nothing in the Bible about giving Christmas presents." Even a cartoon character knows that! So where did we get this idea? I think I might look up some research about the history of Christmas presents. Anyway, I'm coming home on either Monday or Tuesday, depending on the weather :)

    ReplyDelete