Friday, December 4, 2009

What's Missing?

This week I've been really down and not sure why. I have felt so distant from God this week after a couple of weeks with a lot of time off work that I spent with Him. I've wallowed in self-pity all week, asking God why He is so distant. I've asked Him to search my heart and remove any sin that was separating us. I read Hebrews 12 today that talks about how He disciplines His children, so I've wondered if maybe this is a season of discipline. I still don't know, but I came across this song on you tube tonight that really makes me think. Do I just want to feel close to God for me? For my sake? For my joy? For my comfort? Do I seek to worship God just for the way it makes me feel? If that's the case, my worship isn't really worship at all--at least worship of God. It is more of a worship of myself or of the feelings I get when I worship. God spoke to me through this song that I should be more concerned with living a life of worship by serving those in need and sharing the gospel with them than I should be about how close I feel to Him at any given time. So, here's the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aCATrRLrQ4&feature=related

5 comments:

  1. there is an "every body duck" song that I love for just that reason. It says "I can't feel you like others around me, I don't feel like kneeling or closing my eyes. Is there something wrong with my heart that I can't see, or do you feel love still when nobody cries?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) i cried for the first time in a few weeks. thanks a whole lot.

    2)i love that brittany referrenced everybodyduck-bhaha!

    3)i need to teach you how to link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please teach me how to link!!! I'm dying to know! Brittney, I'll check that song out. What's the title?

    ReplyDelete