
This past week, God has been convicting me of a lot of things. One of them is the lack of prayer in my life, especially for the nations. I have lost that priority in my life to pray for a lost people group or a lost nation every day. Why? The eternal things of God's kingdom have been crowded out by the less important, temporary things of this world that I take so much stock in way too much of the time. I'm reading The Heavenly Man right now (if you haven't read it, I HIGHLY recommend it). It's about a brother who has been persecuted in China--incredible faith, sacrifice, and boldness. If he wasn't in prison, he was spending 19-20 hours a day sharing the gospel, discipling house church members, fasting, praying, and memorizing Scripture. In his "seminary" where he teaches others the Bible so they can go out and make disciples, he requires each student to memorize a chapter of the Bible every day and read the entire New Testament every day. They spend hours a day in prayer and worship. Once they are equipped, they are sent out into the parts of China that are unreached. Why don't I drop everything in my life to pray and preach the gospel like my brothers and sisters around the world? After all, nothing else really matters. What is the point of doing the things I am doing right now? It's not bringing anyone to the feet of Christ. Why not just abandon all I have on my plate right now for the sake of the gospel? As I've read this book, I've wondered how we in America (including myself) can call ourselves by the same name as those believers in China. I feel like we are so far from being true disciples of Christ compared to them. I know God sees us all as equal and His grace covers us all the same, but I can't help but be shamed at my disobedience and lack of faith/boldness. Lord, change me. Ignite in me this kind of fire for your name and your kingdom. I just want to GO!!!! But I know I need to go here first. Lord, show me how. Open my eyes to opportunities and my tongue to speak boldly for you. Keep me diligent to pray for the nations because prayer is the most powerful weapon you've equipped us with.
No comments:
Post a Comment