
These are the words God told me during our prayer/fast at Missio Dei this weekend...Wait and see. Well, I've been waiting for about a year now to hear God's plans for my life, but while I've been waiting, I've continually fallen in the trap of making my own plans and asking God to confirm or deny them. Doesn't exactly work that way. God's told me to let my dreams die in His hands so He can resurrect them--we did that awhile ago, but since then, I've taken my dreams back into my hands. This weekend, He told me to give them up again. So here I am, totally surrendered in God's hands, waiting for Him to reveal His will...
Then, last night, I met with the man who processed my Journeyman application. Random meeting that I didn't plan on, but I thought, what the heck?! He's on campus, I might as well meet with him--maybe that'll bring some clarity to my life. Every time I've met with someone recently about an overseas opportunity, I've prayed before the meeting that God will make it very clear to me through the meeting if that is something He wanted me to pursue. I've had very clear no's up until this point. Last night, I got super excited in meeting with him. He didn't pressure me towards Journeyman at all, which I really appreciated. He encouraged me with sharing his experience as well as saying that as long as I'm seeking the Lord and my heart is right with Him, then I cannot make a wrong move. Pressure off! He encouraged me that God will reveal His plans to me in His timing. God's been telling me that all along, and I know that, it was just nice to be reassured. Anyway...
Now, I have to make a decision whether or not I want to be invited to the February interview conference. I have to make that decision in the next 2 weeks as well as get in all the last minute paper work! Crazy! If I go to the February conference, training will either be in April or July, which puts me overseas fairly soon after that. God, is this what you wanted me to wait for or is it something else? Kristen White always says to play the hot and cold game with God, so I'll take a step forward and if God says I'm getting warmer, then I'll keep going. If not, I'll take a step back. With this decision, also comes a decision about whether or not to go through with spending Christmas in East Asia. There are other things that complicate that decision as well, but that's for another post. I guess, all this to say is, please pray for me to be patient, trusting, and willing to wait while God does His thing!
Psalm 37:3-7
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light and your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him"
No comments:
Post a Comment