Thursday, October 15, 2009

Frustrations and Refreshment

This week has been a frustrating week. I feel like frustrations have come at me from all angles, only to show me that the real problem is me. I was complaining (or venting as I'd rather think of it!) about my day to my roommate tonight, and she empathized with me and then said, "It's humbling, isn't it?!" That definitely took me by surprise and made me think...yes, all of these frustrations are humbling me. I sat down to journal to God, and He scanned my eyes across a journal page I had already written on and so vividly placed the word, "stripping" before my eyes. I know for sure that I did not write that word anywhere in my journal on the page I was looking at, but it appeared so clearly to me. It was like He just BAM put it before me to think about what He's doing in all of these frustrations. Stripping me of my pride, arrogance, confidence in myself, reliance on myself, strengths. Then, I went to reply on my friend's facebook page, and what verse did she have up but 2 Cor. 12:9-10--My power is made perfect in weakness...when I am weak, then I am strong. God, you are amazing. You know just how to slap me in the face when I need it, just how to end my pity party by making me see my own faults rather than being frustrated with everyone else's, just how to refresh me and renew my excitement to live another day worshipping you. That's another thing, though...I think all of this frustration has clouded my desire and ability to worship you throughout the day with all of my being. Will you change that? Please?! Thank you that tomorrow is a new day, that you have stripped me of my rags and replaced them with your robes that claim me as holy unto you (Zech 3), that you have given me a clean slate and a fresh start. Thank you that your mercies are new every morning and that you never give up on me. You are truly worthy of praise. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment