Tuesday, May 12, 2009
FINISHED!!!!
Today, I turned in the last of my Journeyman application!! I'm so excited and ready for what God has in store! I told my sister that they now know more about me than anyone else in this world--the application was so in depth, but I completely understand why. God has been preparing me for Russia this week especially, showing me areas of weakness, which include sacrifice and joy. As I have been praying and reading through these weak areas, God has been showing me that these are areas that need to be dealt with for serving Him overseas long term as well as short term. He has been confirming the way that I am headed so much lately; it's been so amazing! Last night, I met with Nancy, who shared her excitement for me to pursue this. I also had the first hard conversation of many this last weekend. I had to tell my sister that I would not be at her college graduation if I got accepted to Journeyman. We had a good talk about it, and it saddens me that she is hurt I won't be there, but I also know that she understands why and has taken it into perspective that I can't stay another whole semester just for one day (graduation). I told her there will never be a good time for me to go overseas--there will always be something that could keep me here if I let it, whether it's her graduation, friends' weddings, grandparents' illnesses, etc. All that said, I have breathed a sigh of relief that my part is done, and God's part is continuing in the application process! Now I get to focus on prayer and preparing my heart for what He has in store. Please pray for me through this part. Also pray for my team and me as we leave for Russia tomorrow to work with HIV babies for 3 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm excited for your app to be done. I know...you will get peace from God when it is time. :) I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDelete