Friday, June 5, 2009

Etch-a-Sketch

About six months ago, God gave me an epiphany that our lives are like etch-a-sketches. He has a beautiful sand picture created for each of our lives, but sometimes we put our own hands on the dials and create a mish-mash of lines that don't really make any sense. Those lines are drawn over God's perfect picture. Sometimes, God has to shake us completely to erase our lines and reveal His perfect picture again. God has made me think of this countless times in the last 6 months as He has been constantly stripping me of my own plans and revealing that His plans are far better. I just got home from Russia, where God totally upset our plans and expectations, but through it, showed us that His thoughts and ways are greater than any we could possibly conceive. He humbled me so much and made me see that I have absolutely no control but He has all control. After this very poignant lesson in Russia, I got home and saw an email from the International Mission Board saying that due to lack of funding, the Journeyman program is suspended for an indefinite period of time. What now? I don't know, but I realized that I chose to pursue Journeyman because it was the easy way out (no support raising). God obviously has bigger and better plans for me! He's putting what He just taught me to the test. Now, I am waiting on the Lord as Psalm 27 and Isaiah 40 advise. Please pray for me in this waiting portion of my journey with the King. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment