Friday, May 8, 2009

Why I Started a Blog

So my friend Cindy has been on me for awhile now to start a blog. I told her I don't need another avenue of wasting time on the Internet, as facebook supplies enough of that as it is. But, as you can see, she won and I lost. No, it's a good thing I started this blog. I kind of feel like Donald Miller as I'm writing whatever thoughts come to me! lol.

I decided to create a blog for those of you who are praying for me as I walk through the next 3 or so years God has planned for me. As many of you know, I'm currently applying for Journeyman, a 2-3 year internship overseas. While I go through the application process (which is intense and long!), I hope that many of you will pray for me. Pray that God opens and closes doors clearly, and that I will be willing to follow Him wherever He leads (especially if He leads me to stay in California!!). While I'm not seeing that anywhere in the near future, you never know what God has up His sleeve! Conversations that I've had with many of you have been so encouraging and affirming. I feel like I am headed in the direction He wants me to go right now, which is such a good feeling. However, it also makes me much more vulnerable to Satan's attacks. Please pray on that note too. Overall, I'm filled with excitement, passion, joy, and hope--waiting for what God has in store!

1 comment:

  1. glad you can admit defeat, rather, that i FINALLY won at SOMETHING!!!!

    so excited to keep up with your blog, (not that we don't keep up in person).

    ReplyDelete