This has been a plaguing question through my whole life. During some seasons of my life, I am confident that I know who I am, but other times, I'm at a loss. Satan has used this plaguing question to bring doubts, insecurities, fears, and frustrations at times when I am obeying God and seeking His kingdom first. I've come to the conclusion that this is Satan's most effective tactic in rendering me useless for Christ's kingdom. While it is discouraging and frustrating at times, it is also encouraging to know that Satan considers me a threat. All that to say, this is who I am...
A woman created in the image of God, saved by the Lamb who endured the wrath of God in her place. I have been freed from darkness, transferred to the kingdom of God's Son, adopted as a daughter of the King, and redeemed to worship and serve Him as a faithful disciple for all eternity. God has given me a passion for His name and a desire to serve Him overseas. He constantly challenges me in seeking His kingdom first, in seeing people and situations through His eyes, and in living a life of love with an eternal perspective that brings with it a sense of urgency to share the good news with everyone I meet. All in all, I am a disciple of Christ who genuinely desires, pursues, and strives to serve Him with all my being, by His grace and strength.
what it comes down to is that it really doesn't matter who we are but who HE is, right? That always helps me clear up this confusion...
ReplyDelete