Friday, July 13, 2012

I Don't Know What to Call This

So hard to fathom the pain in Your eyes
As You're watching Your children, doing what You despise
In pursuit of our own
We just go round and round
Another nail to our cause
We continue to pound



These are lyrics from "Simply Nothing" by Shawn McDonald.

I listen to his music when I feel like crying.

This song caught my attention tonight, especially the above lyrics. I thought about these lyrics in terms of His children who have yet to believe and follow Him, His children who are on this island, His children who are getting ready to fast and pray for a month in attempts to earn His love and forgiveness and favor.

How that must pain Him.

God, save these people from pursuing their own, just like you saved me from pursuing my own. Don't let them do what you despise anymore. Don't let them work futilely with good works or prayers or fasting anymore. Save your children in this place, God, and all over the Muslim world!

No comments:

Post a Comment