Is it where you grew up?
Or where your family is?
Is it where you first experienced what it meant to live in community?
Or where you were first surrounded by people in the same boat as you, people who really got it?
Or the place and people God sunk your heart into for the past 2 years?
As I've been thinking a lot about what home is, God has revealed a lot of comforting truths to me. Truths like...
- I am your Home, the only Constant that you can always count on
- I am Enough
- I am the Peace in the midst of whatever storms and instability come your way
- I have made you a citizen of heaven, and one day, you truly will be at home with Me
Yesterday's sermon perfectly aligned with what I've been thinking about home. It was out of Hebrews 11: 13-16--
"All these (OT saints mentioned in chapter 11 who believed God in faith) died in faith, without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the earth. For those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own. And indeed if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return. But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God; for He has prepared a city for them."
Followers of Christ aren't to look for a country of their own, nor are they to look back to the country from which they left. I am not to be searching for a home on this earth. Why? Because God called me to something much higher, and because a home like that doesn't exist-- not in this life anyway. He has a much greater home prepared for me in eternity! Until then, Jesus, you are my home, and for that, I am so grateful.


i know i haven't commented on a blog in a long time, but know that i read them and i love you and am praying that you continue to find your home in the shadow of His wing.
ReplyDelete