This is taken from Finding God by Dr. Larry Crabb via Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss:
"Helping people to feel loved and worthwhile has become the central mission of the church. We are learning not to worship God in self-denial and costly service, but to embrace our inner child, heal our memories, overcome addictions, lift our depressions, improve our self-images, establish self-preserving boundaries, substitute self-love for self-hatred, and replace shame with an affirming acceptance of who we are....
We have become committed to relieving the pain behind our problems rather than using our pain to wrestle more passionately with the character and purpose of God. Feeling better has become more important than finding God...
We have rearranged things so that God is now worthy of honor because he has honored us. 'Worthy is the Lamb,' we cry, not in response to his amazing grace, but because he has recovered what we value most: the ability to like ourselves. We now matter more than God."
Ouch!! God, I'm so sorry for seeking self so much over you and for worshipping you only for what you've done for me rather than for just who you are. I'm sorry for honoring myself over you. I'm sorry for pursuing my own selfish desires above your desires. I'm sorry for being about myself rather than about you. By your grace, I desire to truly repent and pursue you alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment